Major or Permanent Equipment
- RDI 300 kHz Workhorse ADCP
- 4,600 lbs. capacity from middle of crossbar
- 21 ft. 8 inches from deck to top of A-Frame - 1,500 lbs max instrument load
- 13 ft. 5 inches maximum width
- 12 ft.height to crossbar
- 48” port extension for crossbar, hydraulically extended
Note: All gear on side extension to have 2,000 lb. weak link
- Winch - Markey Com-7X Compact CTD Winch -800 meters of 0.322 EM Cable
7.5 HP Electric Motor with spring-set auto-brake
- CTD -SBE9 plus CTD, 6800 m depth capability, 6800m pressure transducer.
one SBE3/SBE4 sensor set.
- Benthos PSA-916 altimeter ranging 1 to 100 meters off bottom. SBE32 12-position pylon on rosette. Sample bottle size will be 8 or 10 liters. An SBE11plus Ver. 2 deckunit is provided in the science area, and is connected to a rackmount PC running SBE software (currently installed is version 5.30b acquisition as of 4/09/04). Users will be responsible for providing their own data processing of the CTD data, with their own PC connected to the network to access the CTD data acquired on the rackmount computer system.
- Markey Com-7X Compact CTD Winch -750 meters of 0.322 EM Cable
- 7.5 HP Electric Motor with spring-set auto-brake
- Ladder on transom, extra large shower
Diving Support Equipment
- Surface supported hose Diving Compressor and Volume Tank
- Furuno GPS based SC120 heading reference
- 1 Vortex Debubbler (Stony Brooke)
Precision Time Keeping
- ESE Model S-185A GPS Master Clock w/IRIG-B SMPTE, 1PPS, RS232 and ESE Outputs.
Sea Water Flow through system
- (14 ½ gpm) Higher volumes possible with advance notice
- For use when high loads are expected for mooring recoveries or other
- 18” square, extends 12” above the fully loaded waterline. Can be worked on without dry docking vessel
- Hawboldt Electric Trawl Winch Model HSF-2021E - 800 meters of
- 5/16” wire rope - 7.5 hp marine brake motor with 150% brake
- Built into deckhouse with 750 lbs capacity each (Port & Starboard)
- 9.5 ft. boat with 9.9 hp outboard motor, larger RHIB available upon request
WHOI Supplied Scientific Equipment
Hawboldt Electric Trawl Winch Model HSF-2021E - 800 meters
of 5/16” wire rope - 7.5 hp marine brake motor with 150% brake
Bare Drum: 4,650 lb @ 49ft/min
Mid Drum: 3,800 lb @ 60ft/min
Full Drum: 3,220 lb @ 71ft/min
Knudsen 320B 3.5 kHz and 12 kHz Echo Sounder
Portable Science Equipment
All scientific equipment will need to be securely tied down inside and out on deck. It is best to expect equipment to be subject to rough treatment from ship movement. This will keep expensive equipment from being broken and unusable for the cruise. Please contact the Captain or Marine Coordinator with any questions regarding the best way to secure your equipment.
When securing equipment to the aft and forward deck areas utilizing deck bolts, consideration must be given to the capacities of these bolt sockets. Unusual stress can damage the socket and surrounding hull causing unusual repairs and lost ship time. Please indicate well in advance if you have any operations that may involve unusual weights or forces to avoid damaging the vessel. The Marine Coordinator and Captain can assist you in helping determine these forces and ways to alleviate them. This will help with a safe operation and increase the life of the vessel.
Do not use duct tape or similar material to secure cables or equipment to interior bulkheads and cabinets. It leaves a gummy residue behind and can remove coatings off bulkheads and cabinets. A good alternative is “gaffers tape”.