reverse chronological order
- Katlein, C. , Arndt, S. , Nicolaus, M. , Perovich, D. K. , Jakuba, M. V. , Suman, S. , Elliott, S. , Whitcomb, L. L. , McFarland, C. and Gerdes, R. (2015): Influence of ice thickness and surface properties on light transmission through Arctic sea ice , AGU Fall meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA, 2015
- C. Katlein, S. Arndt, M. Nicolaus, D. K. Perovich, M. V. Jakuba, S. Suman, S. Elliot, Louis L. Whitcomb, C. J. McFarland, R. Gerdes, A. Boetius, and C. R. German. Infuence of ice thickness and surface properties on light transmission through Arctic sea ice. J. Geophys. Res. Oceans, 120:1-13, Sept. 2015. doi:10.1002/2015JC010914.
- C. McFarland, M. Jakuba, S. Suman, J. Kinsey, and L. Whitcomb (2015). Toward Ice-Relative Navigation of Underwater Robotic Vehicles Under Moving Sea-Ice: Experimental Evaluation in the Arctic Sea. In Proceedings IEEE ICRA 2015, Seattle WA. To appear.
- Mar Fernández-Méndez, Samuel Laney, Christian Katlein, Louis L. Whitcomb, Stephen Elliot and Michael V. Jakuba, Antje Boetius, Christopher German. Monitoring under ice phyto- and zooplankton blooms with the Nereid Under Ice remotely operated vehicle. In Gordon Research Conference on Polar Marine Science (poster), Italy, March 2015.
- Christian Katlein, Stefanie Arndt, Mar Fernandez Mendez, Benjamin Lange, Marcel Nicolaus, Frank Wenzhofer, Mike Jakuba, and Chris German. Investigating changes in the climate-and ecosystem of Arctic sea ice using remotely operated vehicles. In ECC 2014, 2014. hdl:1003/epic.44171.
- C.R. German, A. Boetius, L. Whitcomb, M. Jakuba, J. Bailey, C. Judge , C. McFarland, S. Suman, S. Elliott, C. Katlein, S. Arndt, A. Bowen, D. Yoerger, J. Kinsey, L. Mayer, M. Nicolaus, S. Laney, H. Singh, T. Maksym & the PS 86 Scientific Research Team (2014). First scientific dives of the Nereid Under Ice hybrid ROV in the Arctic Ocean. EOS Trans AGU (abstr).
- L.L. Whitcomb, M.V. Jakuba, C.R. German, A.D. Bowen, D.R. Yoerger, J.C. Kinsey, L. Mayer, C. McFarland, S. Suman, J. Bailey, C. Judge, S. Elliott, D. Gomez-Ibanez, C.L. Taylor, C. Machado, J.C. Howland, C. Kaiser, M. Heintz, C. Pontbriand, L. O’Hara, G. McDonald, A. Boetius (2014). Preliminary Polar Sea Trials of Nereid-UI: A Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicle for Oceanographic Access Under Ice. EOS Trans AGU (abstr).
- A. D. Bowen, D. R. Yoerger, C. C. Germand, J. C. Kinsey, M. V. Jakuba, D. Gomez-Ibanez, C. L. Taylor, C. Machado, J. C. Howland, C. L. Kaiser, M. Heintz, C. Pontbriand, S. Suman, L. O’hara, L. L. Whitcomb, C.J. McFarland, and L. Mayer. Design and preliminary engineering trials of Nereid-UI: A remotely operated underwater vehicle for oceanographic access under ice. In Proceedings IEEE/MTS Oceans Conference and Exhibition, St. Johns, Canada, Sept. 2014.
- A. Bowen, M. Jakuba, D. Yoerger, L. L. Whitcomb, J. C. Kinsey, L. Mayer, and C. R. German. Nereid UI: A light-tethered remotely operated vehicle for under-ice telepresence. In Proceedings Arctic Technology Conference, Houston Tx, Dec. 2012. (Reprint available on request.)
- A. Bowen, M. Jakuba, D. Yoerger, C. German, J. Kinsey, L. Whitcomb, and L. Mayer. Lightly tethered unmanned underwater vehicle for under-ice exploration. In IEEE Aerospace Conference, page 12 pp., Big Sky, MT, Mar. 2012.
- M. Jakuba, L. Whitcomb, D. Yoerger, and A. Bowen. Toward under-ice operations with hybrid underwater robotic vehicles. In Proceedings IEEE/OES Conference on Polar AUVs (AUV2008), Woods Hole, MA, USA, Oct. 2008.