Educational Experience Form
This form is intended for K-12 student engaged in extended educational experiences at WHOI (beyond a short tour or visit).
Please have students, parents/guardians and WHOI supervisor work together to complete the attached form. The form will need to be signed off on by either the Department Chair or Administrator and forwarded to APO for final approval. In cases where students will be working in labs, there will likely be an EH&S safety audit. In these cases, APO will work with EH&S in the completion of the “Minors Acknowledgement Form”. General safety training may also be required, also at the request of APO.
- All extended K-12 visits will require completion of an “Educational Experience” form (link to pdf).
- Once parents sign off, approval for the visit will be initially by the department (DA or chair) and then go to APO for final approval by the Dean.
- CORI checks on those engaging with the minors will be needed. It is important that all personnel interacting with the student are named on the form so that People Ops can run those checks on WHOI employees.
- Completed forms should be sent to Kama Thieler and/or Rob Evans in APO for sign-off.
- If needed, APO will request that a safety check be carried out by EHS.
- This form is only for K-12 activities. Any undergraduates engaged at WHOI should be enrolled through the Guest Student program, also administered in APO.