R/V Tioga Scheduling Guidelines
- Ship time requests will be taken all year for the current working year and for the following year.
- A schedule is published online and is updated frequently.
- A schedule for the following year will be published online by December of that working year.
- Specific cruise planning meetings can be scheduled by the user and can contact capt. Collins and / or Eric Benway in Ship Operations. Also, we may request a pre-cruise meeting to be held if needed.
For scheduling non WHOI users and booking ship time, please contact Jennifer Carter at WHOI Marine Operations before scheduling time with the Captain:
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Ship Operations
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
266 Woods Hole Rd.
Woods Hole, MA 02543
- Other meetings will also be used to discuss improvements, changes, suggestions and announcements regarding the Tioga as seen fit.
- WHOI Research and Education
- Other WHOI Users
- All other users
- Due consideration will be made of time-sensitive and /or time-certain scheduling imperatives.
- Once a commitment is made, no one can be bumped.
- If someone needs non-specific dates, then those days will be booked as “place holders” and those days can be used as “currency” to trade for specific dates closer to project date.
- Trading of dates is allowed and encouraged as long as Marine Operations is kept in the loop.
- Alternate users will be wait-listed in the event of cancellations.