Microplastics in the Ocean: Emergency or Exaggeration?
Keynote Presentation: The Science of Ocean Plastic Pollution:
Laying the Foundation for Solutions
Dr. Kara Lavender Law
Dr. Law is a faculty member at Sea Education Association, where she studies the distribution of plastic marine debris driven by ocean physics and the degradation and ultimate fate of plastics in the ocean.
Panel Discussion: International Perspectives on Marine Microplastics Research
moderated by Dr. Heather Goldstone, host of Living Lab, WCAI, Cape & Islands NPR
- Dr. Chelsea Rochman, University of Toronto, Canada
- Dr. Hauke Kite-Powell, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, U.S.
- Dr. Gunnar Gerdts, Alfred Wegener Institute, Germany
- Dr. Hideshige Takada, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
- Dr. Collin Ward, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, U.S.