Human Resources

Image : History of Woods Hole

Candle House
The Candle House, at right in the photo from about 1890, is all that remains of mid-nineteenth-century whaling in Woods Hole. The smaller building at center housed the try works, where whale oil was rendered. Today the Candle House is used by the Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) for offices. (Photo by Baldwin Coolidge, Marine Biological Laboratory Archives)


Last updated: August 27, 2015