Audio Conference: Gaining Confidence & Credibility with Emotional Intelligence
Thursday, February 24, 2011
1 - 2:30 p.m.
Light refreshments served
RSVP to WCevents@whoi.edu
Effective leadership is built on Emotional Intelligence. In this training you will gain in-depth knowledge and the practical emotional intelligence skills you need to ensure that you are a strong and emotionally intelligent leader. Join us for this 75-minute interactive webinar where you and your colleagues will discover:
- What is Emotional Intelligence & why is it crucial to your career
- How to manage your anxieties and self-doubts as a leader
- How to be more confident & decisive with decision-making techniques
- How to create cohesive teams that understand how to apply emotional intelligence
About the Speaker
- Defining and Understanding Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- What is your emotional competency profile & self-awareness inventory
- How to understand and manage yourself
- Case studies: examples of high and low emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Why Emotional Intelligence is the Performance and Leadership Differentiator
- Learn how to effectively communicate with diplomacy & tact
- Be Someone who can be trusted & handle more responsibility
- How to increase your visibility in the eyes of your boss(s)
- How to Managing & Lead Your team with Emotional Intelligence
- How to handle adverse group dynamics with emotional intelligence
- How to effectively delegate with emotional intelligence
- How to build relationships with based on emotional intelligence
- Delegation, conflict and decision making
- Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
- This program will be 60 minutes of instruction and 15 Question & Answer
Pamela Jett is an internationally recognized presenter and author on developing leadership skills and improving workplace relationships. Her background includes:
- Ms. Jett has worked with clientele ranging from the high-tech sector and manufacturing to women's groups and government agencies.
- Pamela has served clients such as Lockheed Martin, Allstate Insurance, Sony, The United Way, NASA, plus many other notable organizations.
- She is the developer of several learning programs including "Communicate with Confidence: A Woman's Guide" and "Mind Your Own Business: A Career Management System."
- Her programs take participants beyond theory to hands-on application for immediate results.
Last updated: February 7, 2011