People Directory : Zhixuan Feng
WHOI Mailing Address:
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
266 Woods Hole Rd.
Woods Hole, MA 02543-1050
University of Miami, Ph.D. in Applied Marine Physics, 2014
Louisiana State University, Master of Science in Oceanography and Coastal Sciences, 2009
Nanjing University, Bachelor of Science in Geography, 2007
Marine ecosystem dynamics, biological and physical interactions, ecological modeling, individual-based modeling, zooplankton biogeography, pelagic-benthic coupling, high-latitude shelf processes, recreational water quality, oceans and human health.
- Feng Z., R. Ji, C.J. Ashjian, R.G. Campbell, and J. Zhang, 2018. Biogeographic responses of the copepod Calanus glacialisto a changing Arctic marine environment, Global Change Biology, 24, 159-170.
- Feng Z., R. Ji, R.G. Campbell, C.J. Ashjian, and J. Zhang, 2016b. Early ice retreat and ocean warming may induce copepod biogeographic boundary shifts in the Arctic Ocean, Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans, 121, 6159-6183. doi: 10.1002/2016JC011784.
- Feng Z., A. Reniers, B.K. Haus, H.M. Solo-Gabriele, and E.A. Kelly, 2016a. Wave energy level and geographic setting correlate with Florida beach water quality, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 104, 54-60.
- Feng Z., A. Reniers, B.K Haus, H.M. Solo-Gabriele, J.D. Wang, and L.E. Fleming, 2015. A predictive model for microbial counts on beaches where intertidal sand is the primary source, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 94, 37-47.
- Feng, Z., A. Reniers, B.K. Haus, and H.M. Solo-Gabriele, 2013. Modeling sediment-related enterococci loading, transport and inactivation at an embayed non-point source subtropical beach. Water Resources Research, 49, 693-712.
- Feng, Z., A. Reniers, B.K. Haus, H.M. Solo-Gabriele, L. Fiorentino, M. Olascoaga, and J. MacMahan, 2012. Modeling microbial water quality at a beach impacted by multiple nonpoint sources, Coastal Engineering Proceedings, 33, 1-13.
- Feng, Z., and C. Li, 2010. Cold-front-induced flushing of the Louisiana bays. Journal of Marine Systems, 82, 252-264.
- Feng, Z., X. Luo, and S. Gao, 2007. Dynamics in the Core Area of the Yancheng Natural Reserve, Jiangsu Province: A Preliminary Remote Sensing Study. Marine Science Bulletin, 26 (6), 68-74 (in Chinese).
- Kvile, K. Ø., C. Ashjian, Z. Feng, J. Zhang and R. Ji., 2018. Pushing the limit: resilience of an Arctic copepod on environmental fluctuations, Global Change Biology, doi: 10.1111/gcb.14419.
- Kelly E.A., Z. Feng, M.L. Gidley, C.D. Sinigalliano, N. Kumar, A.G. Donahue, A. Reniers, and H.M. Solo-Gabriele, 2018. Effect of beach management policies on recreational water quality, Journal of Environmental Management, 212, 266-277.
- Donahue A., Z. Feng, E. Kelly, A. Reniers, and H.M. Solo-Gabriele, 2017. Significance of beach geomorphology on fecal indicator bacteria levels, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 121, 160-167.
- Ji. R.,Z. Feng, B.J. Jones, C. Thompson, C. Chen, N.R. Record, and J.A., Runge, 2017. Coastal Amplification of Supply and Transport (CAST): a new hypothesis about the persistence of Calanus finmarchicusin the Gulf of Maine, ICES Journal of Marine Science74(7), 1865-1874.
- Elliott S.M., C.J. Ashjian, Z. Feng, B. Jones, C. Chen, and Y. Zhang, 2017. Physical control on distributions of a key Arctic copepod in the northeast Chukchi Sea, Deep Sea Research II, 144, 37-51.
- Phillips, M.C., Z. Feng, L.J., Vogel, A.J.H.M. Reniers, B.K. Haus, A.A. Enns, Y. Zhang, D.B. Hernandez, and H.M. Solo-Gabriele, 2014. Microbial release from seeded beach sediments during wave conditions, Marine Pollution Bulletin, 79, 114-122.
- Hernandez, R.J., Y. Hernandez, N.H. Jimenez, A.M. Piggot, J.S. Klaus,Z. Feng, A. Reniers, and H.M. Solo-Gabriele, 2014. Effect of full-scale beach renovation on fecal indicator levels in shoreline sand and water, Water Research, 48, 579-591.
- Fiorentino, L.A., M.J. Olascoaga, A. Reniers, Z. Feng, F.J. Beron-Vera, and J.H. MacMahan, 2012. Using Lagrangian coherent structures to understand coastal water quality, Continental Shelf Research, 47, 145-149.
- Enns, A.A., L.J. Vogel, A.M. Abdelzaher, H.M. Solo-Gabriele, L.R.W. Plano, M.L. Gidley, M.C. Phillips, J.S. Klaus, A.M. Piggot, Z. Feng, A.J.H.M. Reniers, B.K. Haus, S.M. Elmir, Y. Zhang, N.H. Jimenez, N. Abdel-Mottaleb, M.E. Schoor, A. Brown, S.Q. Khan, A.S. Dameron, N.C. Salazar, and L.E. Fleming, 2012. Spatial and temporal variation in indicator microbe sampling is Influential in beach management decisions, Water Research, 46, 2237-2246.