Post-doc and Student Opportunities
Lots of active projects. (Check out links to the right for the WHOI Post-doc program and the MIT/WHOI Joint Program)
Currently working on datasets from
• Costa Rica (with W.S. Holbrook, H. van Avendonk, and P. Kelemen)
• The Marianas (with D. Wiens); active-source data collected in 2012.
Botswana Incipient Rifting
• Continental Dynamics project with E. Atekwana and many others
• Large seismic field experiment happening in 2013!
The South Georgia Basin, U.S.A.
• EarthScope project with D. Shillington
• Large seismic field experiment happening in 2013 and 2014!
What is the Lithosphere?
The NoMelt experiment, with J. Gaherty, J. Collins and G. Hirth
• We just collected the active-source component of an epic dataset from 70Ma Pacific lithosphere
• Broad band OBSs will be recovered in 2013
Magmatic sills in sediments, carbon flux, rifting
Working on two great datasets from the Gulf of California.
• Lots of interesting things still to do with data from the 2002 PESCADOR experiment
• A very cool dataset from Guaymas Basin collected in 2009 with A. Soule, J. Seewald, C. Mortera and B. Bandy
Terrestrial to marine groundwater flux
Great dataset collected off Martha's Vineyard in 2009 with B. Dugan and M. Person