|News and Events|
- REGULATORY CHANGES: REPEAL OF THE DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT (DOMA)
On June 26, 2013, the Supreme Court struck down as unconstitutional Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (“DOMA”), which provided that only opposite-sex marriages would be recognized as valid for federal law purposes. As a result, individuals who are spouses in a same-sex marriage that is recognized under applicable state law are now considered to be married when applying federal statutes and regulations that refer to or involve marital status. The Institution, like the majority of employers, is reviewing the ruling and awaiting final guidance from the Federal government before taking any action to ensure appropriate administration and full compliance with the new regulations.
- Let your immediate family members know they now have access to all of the Wellness Work/Life Program at wellnessworklife.com
- Counseling Services
- Budget & Debt Services
- Legal Consultations
- Financial Resources
- Health & Wellness Coaching
- Work/Life Resources
- New Parent Transition Program
- 2013 Fitness Challenge Closing Ceremony will take place on August 6, 2013 at Carriage House from 11:30-1. The awards presentation will begin at 12:15.
- September’s New Employee Orientation will take place from 9-3 on September19, 2013 at the Challenger Conference Room. Contact Julie Fawkes if you are interested in participating. firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be holding 3 1.5 hour Retirement 101 sessions with David Carboni at the Redfield Auditorium on September 18, 2013. 10AM, 1PM, and 3:30PM. More information to come on this.
Last updated: August 14, 2013