1. Nes Sutherland enters data from measurements of CFCs (a manmade pollutant) in the seawater, which can be used to trace the age of seawater from different sources where it was injected into the environment. (Rick Krishfield)
2. Nutrients, which are critical to sustaining the smallest biology in the oceanic food chain, are processed on board by Linda White. (Rick Krishfield)
3. In the CTD shack, water samples are drawn from Niskin bottles by Chelsea Stanley, Miranda Corkum, and Rick Nelson.
4. Leading Seaman Stan Fleet mans the CTD winch during the night watch. (Sarah Zimmermann)
5. A troublesome fitting on a tank of compressed gas amuses Nes Sutherland. (Sarah Zimmermann)
6. Oxygen isotopes are measured by Michiyo Yamamoto-Kawai to determine the different sources of freshwater. (Rick Krishfield)