1. The Louis S. St. Laurent in an ice pack in 2006. (Photo by Gary Morgan)
2. The LSSL in the same area and same time of year in 2012. (Photo by Gary Morgan)
3. A beautiful 2012 arctic sunset. (Photo by Gary Morgan)
4. This plot shows the ice coverage for today. The red line shows the median ice coverage for 1979-2000 on September 2nd. The plus in the center is the North Pole with Greenland just below, Canada to the left and Europe and Asia to the right. (Courtesy of the National Snow and Ice Data Center)
5. This plot shows ice coverage for our area on August 26, 2006.
6. This plot shows ice coverage for our area a week ago. Notice the difference from the 2006 map. The red line is our cruise track.