Be green. Go blue. Become a member.
Making decisions that can affect climate change, pollution, fisheries, water and energy resources require understanding of our ocean. The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is dedicated to research and education to advance understanding of the ocean and its interaction with the Earth system, and to communicating this understanding for the benefit of society.
Members of WHOI’s Associate program advance understanding in a particularly relevant way. Members provide the seed money that fuels our high-risk, high-reward research every day. In exchange, WHOI recognizes members’ generosity with special benefits and an insider’s view into our important work through members-only events, travel opportunities and communications.
WHOI ASSOCIATE ($100 or more)
- Oceanus Magazine
- Invitation to the annual Associates gathering
- Invitations to science presentations
- Our monthly e-newsletter
- 15% discount at WHOI Store (online or in Woods Hole)
- Participation in the ASTC Passport Program (free admission to over 250 participating science museums; see below)
1930 SOCIETY ($1,000 or more)
Associate members who give $1,000 or more annually are welcomed into our new 1930 Society, which honors the year in which the Institution was established. We offer 1930 Society members unprecedented opportunities for intellectual engagement with our scientists and engineers, including:
- Invitations to science presentations and other WHOI special events in Woods Hole and other locations such as Boston, New York, and Washington, D.C.
- An exclusive event in Woods Hole with WHOI’s president
- Opportunities for science immersion experiences, hosted by a WHOI scientist
- Private WHOI tours and opportunities to meet one-on-one with scientists
- Oceanus magazine
- An invitation to the annual Associates gathering in Woods Hole
- Discounts at the WHOI store and at more than 250 science museums
- Our monthly e-newsletter
- Recognition in our donor report as a 1930 Society member
For more information about Associates Annual Programs or Annual Gifts, please contact:
Jayne M. Iafrate
Director of Annual and Planned Giving
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Fenno House, MS #40
Woods Hole, MA 02543
Phone: (508) 289-4895
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is a participant in the ASTC (Association of Science-Technology Centers) Passport Program. Associate Membership in the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution provides free admission to more than 250 “Passport Program” science centers and museums around the world!
Science centers and museums located within 90 miles of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution are excluded from the program with the exception of the Boston Museum of Science.
Each institution has its own policy, so call and get the details before you go. Also, reciprocity extends only to regular admission—it does not include free admission to additional attractions such as planetarium shows, simulator rides or giant-screen films. It also does not usually include museum store discounts. If you are an Associate, you may request your “Passport” by sending us your name and address via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (508) 289-2982.