Genomics and proteomics of marine algae
- Genome annotation of P metabolism in diazotrophs
- Protein mapping in dinoflagellates, coccolithophores, and diazotrophs
- Phosphorus availability and geochemistry in coastal systems.
- Trace metal control of phosphorus bioavailability in oligotrophic systems
- Phosphorus biogeochemistry in the Sargasso Sea
Nutritional physiology of marine phytoplankton
- Phosphorus scavenging by field populations of diazotrophs
- Coccolithophore stress responses
Harmful algal blooms
- Quantitative molecular methods for monitoring physiology and abundance of toxic species
- Dynamics of Alexandrium catenella in the Puget Sound
- Artistic Oceanographer program (AOP) is a hands-on effort with
the goal of engaging 5th grade school students in ocean sciences
through the pairing of science and art lessons.
- Developed by Haley and Dyhrman and piloted in 2006 in Falmouth,
Massachusetts, the program was created to teach students about the
oceans, while adhering to existing state education standards.