Enrollment processThe enrollment process consists of the following components: optional
pre-enrollment, in-person enrollment, security threat assessment and
notification of the results, and issuance of the TWIC to the applicant.
Step One (optional): Applicants may pre-enroll online to enter all of the biographic
information required for the threat assessment and to make an appointment
at the enrollment center to complete the process (although appointments
are not required).
Step Two: Then applicants must visit the enrollment center
where they will pay the enrollment fee, complete a TWIC Application Disclosure Form,
provide biographic information and a complete set of fingerprints, and
sit for a digital photograph.
The applicant must bring identity
verification documents to enrollment and in the case of aliens,
immigration documents that verify their immigration status, so that the
documents can be scanned into the electronic enrollment record.
Step Three: Upon notification, return to enrollment center to pickup your card. Your fingerprint will activate the card.
Pre-enrollmentPre-enrolling online will save you some time when you go to the enrollment center, but it is not required. To pre-enroll, provide the requested information at https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/UserDataMatch.do.
Please make careful note the rules for generating a pre-enrollment password. (You will save yourself a lot of trouble!)
- Minimum password length is eight characters.
- Passwords must contain at least one of each of the following:
one alphabetic uppercase, one alphabetic lowercase, one numeric, and
one special character.
- Passwords shall not contain any two identical consecutive
characters (example: 22apples, 14588904).
- Passwords may contain no more than two identical consecutive characters
in any position from the previous password.
- Passwords shall not contain any dictionary word.
- Passwords shall not contain any proper noun or the name of any
person, pet, child, or fictional character.
- Passwords shall not contain any employee serial number, Social
Security number, birth date, phone number, or any information that
could be readily guessed about the creator of the password.
- Passwords shall not contain any simple pattern of letters or
numbers, such as “qwerty” or “xyz123”.
- Passwords shall not be any word, noun, or name spelled
backwards or appended with a single digit or with a two-digit “year”
string, such as 98xyz123.
- Pass phrases, if used in addition to or instead of passwords,
should follow these same guidelines.
- Passwords shall not be the same as the User ID.
- Password length will be selected to provide a level of
protection commensurate to the value or sensitivity of the resources or
data it protects, but not less than eight characters.
EnrollmentThe nearest enrollment center is Bourne/Carver:
TWIC Enrollment Center
A list of TWIC Enrollment Centers:
300 Tremont St.
Carver, MA 02330
Hours: M-F, 8 am - 4 pm.
» Enrollment Centers
Who pays for the TWIC card?The cost of the TWIC card is $132.50 per applicant and is valid for five years. WHOI will reimburse employees for the cost of obtaining a card.