Request for Payment
When to Use Request for Payment
The Institution recommends that you consider the request for payment method of procurement when purchasing items with a cost of less than $5,000.
If you are a WHOI employee and receive a paycheck all reimbursements to the employee and their WHOI Corporate Visa Card MUST be done using the Unanet Expense tool.
When to Use Request for Payment Form
The Request for Payment form is used to pay non-WHOI employee expense reimbursements, personal service payments, subscription renewals, payment to vendors and includes invoice, or other payments not related to purchase orders. This form is not to be used for travel reimbursement or prepaid purchase orders.
- A form W9 is required for all requests for services. (For WHOI employees, reimbursement for personal services must go through payroll.)
- Supporting documentation is a must. If it is not included payment may be delayed. Original receipts are required, not photocopies.
- Checks requiring enclosures (applicaitons, letters, forms, etc) must have two copies of the backup information attached to the request for payment form.
- Please indicate any special handling instructions in the box provided
- If there is more than one payee, complete a separate Request for Payment form for each payee.
- No request for payment will be processed without the required signatures. (i.e. Department Chair, Principal Investigator, Department Administrator, Manager or person who is directly responsible for the project account). No one may authorize payment or reimbursement to themselves.
Last updated: February 23, 2017