- The Foreign National Advisor must be notified if an exchange visitor's program participation will end prior to the program end date on the Form DS-2019. Department of State regulations mandate notification, through SEVIS, when an exchange visitor has withdrawn from or completed a program thirty or more days prior to the ending date on his/her Form DS-2019.
- A Check-Out Sheet must be completed prior to leaving the Institution. Employees and Guests must sign out with Human Resources. Students, Scholars and Fellows must sign out with the Academics Program Office.
- The Check-Out Sheet is used to document the return to the Institution of books, keys, credit cards, I.D. cards, etc., and provides evidence of satisfactory settlement of any outstanding indebtedness, e.g., travel advance, education loans, personal purchases, etc.
- Continuation and/or conversion privileges of health and life insurance plans are available to Regular employees who leave the Institution.
- Coverage under the group health plans will normally stop at the end of the month in which the termination is effective. However, under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1986 (COBRA), insured employees and their eligible dependents that have coverage in the group medical insurance plans may continue their coverage through COBRA. Specific questions on eligibility can be addressed with the Benefits Specialist at the time of check-out.
Last updated: February 25, 2013