Awards and Recognition
- Ken Brink was named Chief Scientist for Ocean Research Interactive
Observatory Networks (ORION) in Washington DC, splitting his
time between Woods Hole and Washington.
- Nan Galbraith won the Linda Morse-Porteous
Award, established to recognize a female technician for her
leadership, dedication to and quality of work, abilities as
a role model and/or mentor for junior women, and involvement
in the WHOI community.
- Karl Helfrich was reappointed to a second
term as the J. Seward Johnson Chair/Educational Coordinator
for the Physical Oceanography Department.
- John M. Toole was elected an American Geophysical
- Bruce Warren received the Ewing Medal from
the American Geophysical Union for “contributions to the understanding
of the general circulation of the ocean, including water mass
formation by sea-air interaction, deep and surface boundary
currents and interior flow, planetary waves, and the impact
of global integral momentum constraints on ocean circulation.”