WHOI is collaborating with MBL to hold a YMCA Summer Camp on both the WHOI and MBL campuses. This is in response to the urgent family issues that have arisen due to the COVID-19 pandemic’s continuing impact on availability of daycare and summer camp. The YMCA outdoor summer day camp program at WHOI and MBL is for children ages 4 to 13 years, and will be licensed through the Department of Public Health, and will follow all related COVID-19 safety precautions. Camp will begin Monday, June 21st and end Friday August 27th. The program will operate Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM with extended day hours to cover 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Families will be able to sign up for one or more weeks of summer camp at a time. The full brochure of program information, including registration forms, can be found in the 2021 YMCA Summer Camp Brochure. Additionally, please visit the YMCA Summer Camp Website.
The cost per child is as follows:
- Ages 4-6 = $330/week (9AM – 4PM) – located on the MBL campus in the Periwinkle & neighboring cottage (staff to child ratio is 1:5)
- Ages 7-13 = $295/week (9AM – 4 PM) – located on the WHOI basketball court under tent with portable restroom facilities (staff to child ratio is 1:10)
- AM Extended Care = $31/week
- PM Extended Care = $31/week
- AM & PM Extended Care Combined = $52/week
Lunch is included in the program fee
Financial Assistance may be available through the YMCA, as no one is ever turned away from the YMCA due to an inability to pay.
As families register for the program, they will receive a welcome packet with details such as: weekly payment, drop off & pick up location, parent handbook, list of items children provide for a healthy camp experience (e.g. sunscreen, hand sanitizer, face masks, towel, etc.), weekly lunch menu, who to contact in case of an emergency pick-up, how to communicate special instructions for your child (e.g. medication, etc.)