Accounts Payable Department
WHOI Accounts Payable/Travel
The Accounts Payable/Travel office's main responsibility is to ensure WHOI traveler's get all the information they need for traveling and having a good travel experience. In addition the Travel office provides the following services:
- Processing all travel and Corporate Credit Credit Card reimbursements
- Assisting with Corporate Credit Card and travel account reconciliations
- Facilitating and maintaining the Corporate Credit Card program
- Helping the Travel Agency understand the WHOI traveler
- Working with the Travel Agency to negotiate and coordinate with travel suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies
More Information About Travel
Unanet Expense Tool
UNANET Expense tool is used for all employee reimbursements and WHOI Corporate Credit Credit Card expenses.
Receipts must be scanned for all reimbursements. Original receipts will be kept in the department for 1 year after image to permit periodic validation by auditors.
Documentary evidence will be considered adequate to support an expenditure if it includes sufficient information to establish the amount, date, place, and the essential character of the expenditure.
Unanet Expense Audit –
Once an expense has been created/submitted and approved a spot audit will occur daily with the Accounts Payable Department.
The schedule for expense extraction (payment to employee or Corporate Credit Card) will be done every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m.
Deadline for completed and approved expenses must be in Unanet by Wednesday at 5:00 p.m.
Training documentation can be found under related files.
- If you have not received training on the Unanet Expense Tool, please contact Suzanne Bolton firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Ann White email@example.com
Last updated: September 2, 2019