Workshop #8, February 14-18, 2005
In order to discuss details of the upcoming AOMIP 100-year coordinated simulations a virtual workshop is scheduled during February 14-18, 2005.
Participants involved are those on the AOMIP E-mail List.
The main questions to be addressed are summarized in the Agenda being prepared by Michael Karcher, Frank Kauker, and Andrey Proshutinsky.
Coordinated 100-Year Run
1. Reconstruction of 100-year arctic forcing data
- state of the AWI reconstruction of SLP and SAT (to be used for AOMIP?)
- what in addition might be desirable (necessary) to do for specific AOMIP
2. Climatological Forcing data (Clouds, Precip, Humidity)
- new preparation of climatology based on ERA 40
(also: new Serreeze precip data set including ERA40)?
- comparison of NCEP/ERA40/POLES data sets for this purpose
3. Model setup
- what have we learned from the previous experiments to be taken into
account for the 100 year run?
- what should be done before starting the new run with respect to further
50-year run analysis?
- an important example: should we stay with the present prescription of
AOMIP with respect to restoring or should we change it
(e.g., permanent restoring)
4. Adaption of 100-year forcing for AOMIP model variety
- what to do with global or large-scale models in AOMIP when the
forcing exists only for the AOMIP grid?
5. 1900-1950 validation
- which validation data sets might be available for the first 50 years
in contrast to the latter 50 years?
Last updated: June 7, 2011