WHOI Human Resources performs the following compensation services:
- Creates an overall compensation strategy that is aligned with the Institution's strategy to ensure that WHOI has the programs, tools and information to attract, retain and motivate high quality employees and reward excellent performance.
- Evaluates positions consistently and fairly, benchmarking them for appropriate pay levels, ensuring that positions are internally and externally equitable and meet the needs of the Institution.
- Provides compensation-related guidelines, tools, and information to managers to assist them with job design, position descriptions and compensation planning.
- Participates in salary surveys and analyzes relevant market pay data to help managers make solid compensation decisions.
- Advises departments on promotions, reclassifications, new positions, transfers, reorganizations and the impact of these decisions.
- Stays abreast of the most current market trends so as to ensure that WHOI's programs are effective and strategically aligned.
- Ensures compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and applicable federal and state wage and hour laws.
Last updated: April 8, 2010