Insurance for the Business Traveler
WHOI's business travel accident and foreign package policies provide services and coverage for employees and other covered individuals traveling on WHOI business. Services include:
- Medical assistance should you be injured or become ill
- Travel assistance with lost documents, translation, emergency arrangements etc.
- Worldwide destination intelligence to help you prepare
- Medical evacuation and repatriation
- Personal security in the event of political or security threats
- Identity theft protection
There is overlapping coverage between the policies in effect. Please consult the comparison of the two (at right) for details.
Travel cards are available (see related documents on this page) for you to download and carry with you. It is a handy reference with information concerning contact and available services.
While not required by the insurer, the Travel Authorization ensures some type of documentation that you were traveling on WHOI business. It is recommended that you always fill out a Travel Authorization prior to traveling. Business Travel Accident Insurance coverage pays a lump sum payment if the employee dies or loses some body part and/or sight as a result of the accident.
If your travel plans require proof of insurance email the Risk Management Coordinator or call x 3517.
Last updated: November 26, 2014