Insurance & Risk Management

Insurance for the Business Traveler

WHOI's business travel accident and foreign package policies provide services and coverage for employees and other covered individuals traveling on WHOI business. Services include:

  • Medical assistance should you be injured or become ill
  • Travel assistance with lost documents, translation, emergency arrangements etc.
  • Worldwide destination intelligence to help you prepare
  • Medical evacuation and repatriation
  • Personal security in the event of political or security threats
  • Identity theft protection

The Business Travel Accident coverage now includes foreign medical payments as of 1/1/2018.

Travel cards are available (see related documents on this page) for you to download and carry with you. It is a handy reference with information concerning contact and available services. 

To have access to the Chubb BTA assistance tools which can help make the process easier, register at prior to travel. The information you need to register can be found on the EuropeAssistance travel card.

See related files to the right for flyers with information about registering with AIG's members-only assistance website and a useful app you can download and take with you as you travel. The app gives you access to a one touch "Help" button that connects the traveler directly to assistance, a mobile ID card and access to travel, security and health information. The AIG coverage is for work related injury.

Business Travel Accident Insurance coverage pays a lump sum payment if the employee dies or loses some body part and/or sight as a result of  the accident.

If your travel plans require proof of insurance email the Risk Management Coordinator or call x 3517.

Last updated: March 27, 2018