| CIS Home > Training
Since most of knowing anything about computer technology is knowing
where to find answers, how to phrase the questions and having access
to knowledgeable resources, CIS provides pointers to some resources,
for your use:
You'll find information on:
- Computer and Technology trainings offered on-site at WHOI
- Computer-based trainings that we have developed
- Learning and Troubleshooting sites offering free products, advice,
- CIS musings on a variety of topics, including:
- what do you need to know before ordering a new
- what printer will best handle your needs?
- how do I configure a new email client?
- what is the easiest ftp client to use?
- how does WHOI's firewall work?
- how can you tell if the network problems you are having are
in your machine, on your floor or building, at WHOI or at the
remote site you are trying to reach?