Home > Security
> News & Services > How to report
spam to CIS
How to report spam to CIS
- Turn on full headers in your email client. In Mozilla and
Thunderbird, select the menu option View->Headers->All.
If you don't use either of these email clients, take a look
SpamCop page for instructions for over 20 different email
- If you can, forward the message as an attachment. Some mail
clients will mangle your message if you forward it "inline".
In Mozilla and Thunderbird, select the menu option Message->Forward
As->Attachment. Note that forwarding as an attachment
is not always a good idea for day-to-day use, but it helps us
when dealing with spam.
- Forward to email@example.com.
Please don't send spam to Helpdesk or to individual CIS technicians.
The firstname.lastname@example.org address has been set up to deal especially
How to report multiple messages at the same time as Spam
- Select all of the messages that are Spam
- Right click with your mouse (PC) or Crtl Click (Mac)
- Select 'Forward as attachments'
- Address the forwarding message to email@example.com