Daniel J. Torres
Research Associate III
Physical Oceanography Department
- Tulane University, Bachelor of Science (Physics), 1988.
- Current Measurement and Analysis
- ADCP Application Development
- General Circulation and Transport
- Shelf-Slope Interaction
- Tidal Analysis
- Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers (Lowered, Shipboard, Moored)
- POGO Floats
- S4 Current Meters
- Seabird Seacats, CTD Operations
- Matlab, Fortran
- GMT, Plotplus
- SGI Irix, Linux, Windows, DOS
Positions and Experience:
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution - Physical Oceanography Department
- Research Associate III; June, present.
- Research Associate II; June, 1999 - 2006.
- Research Assistant III; April, 1993 - June, 1999.
NOAA/ National Ocean Service/ Physical Oceanography
Division/ Estuarine and Ocean Physics Branch
- Physical Science Technician, GS-7; March, 1992 - April, 1993.
- Physical Science Technician, GS-6; March, 1991 - March, 1992.
- Physical Science Technician, GS-5; March, 1990 - March, 1991.