Example Package with Dual Workhorse System
The following images show a typical layout for a dual Workhorse lowered ADCP system. Click on any of the thumbnails to view an enlarged image. Click the Back button on your browser to return to this page.
Listed below are some additional requirements and suggestions if adding these components to you own CTD frame.
- Note both ADCPs should have a clear view of open water.
- Upward ADCP should be mounted towards outer edge of rosette perimeter yet still within the protection of the frame.
- Downward ADCP should be as far from battery and CTD as possible to avoid possible compass contamination.
- Diameter of brackets for ADCP's and battery case should be oversized by 1/4" to allow for 1/8" neoprene strips to be glued onto each bracket. The neoprene allows for a tighter fit when bolted and protects the paint.
- Note gussets on battery brackets for additional strength if necessary.
- An exact wooden replica of a Workhorse ADCP (no picture) can be provided for bracket design and frame fitting.
Dual Workhorse and Battery Pack in compact package
Upward facing ADCP
Downward facing ADCP
Rechargeable Battery Pack
Daniel J. Torres
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
266 Woods Hole Road
Woods Hole, MA 02563