Stace E. Beaulieu
Abbreviated CV and Publications
Updated Sept. 2013
||· Ph.D. in
Oceanography, Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO), University of
California, San Diego (UCSD). September 1998.
· M.S. in Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA. June 1992.
· B.S. in Biological Sciences, with honors, Stanford University. June 1992.
· 2013 - present
Ocean Informatics Coordinator, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI).
(Please contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can not access a PDF file with the link here)
• Mills, S.W., Mullineaux, L.S., Beaulieu, S.E., and D.K. Adams (2013, in press) Persistent effects of disturbance on larval patterns in the plankton after an eruption on the East Pacific Rise. Marine Ecology Progress Series, doi: 10.3354/meps10463.
Mayer, L., Beaulieu, S.E.,
• Beaulieu, S.E. (2003) Resuspension of phytodetritus from the sea floor: a laboratory flume study. Limnology and Oceanography 48(3): 1235-1244. PDF
• Beaulieu, S.E. (2002) Accumulation and fate of phytodetritus on the sea floor. Oceanography and Marine Biology: an Annual Review 40: 171-232. (Contact me for PDF)
· Shimeta, J., Amos, C.L., Beaulieu, S.E., and Ashiru, O.M. (2002) Sequential resuspension of protists by accelerating tidal flow: implications for community structure in the benthic boundary layer. Limnology and Oceanography 47(4): 1152-1164. PDF
· Beaulieu, S.E. (2001) Life on glass houses: sponge stalk communities in the deep sea. Marine Biology 138(4): 803-817. PDF
· Beaulieu, S.E. (2001) Colonization of habitat islands in the deep sea: recruitment to glass sponge stalks. Deep-Sea Research I 48(4): 1121-1137. PDF
· Mullin, M.M., E. Goetze, S.E. Beaulieu, and J.M. Lasker (2000) Comparisons within and between years resulting in contrasting recruitment of Pacific hake ( Merluccius productus) in the California Current System. Canad. J. Fish. Aquatic Sci. 57: 1434-1447. PDF
· Weiler, C.S. and Beaulieu, S.E. (2000) Perspectives on graduate education experiences in aquatic science. ASLO Bulletin 9(2) : 20-22. PDF
· Beaulieu, S.E., M. Mullin, S. Pyne, A. King, V. Tang, and B. Twining (1999) Using an optical plankton counter to determine size distributions of preserved zooplankton samples. Journal of Plankton Research 21: 1939-1956. PDF
· Winston, J.E. and S.E. Beaulieu (1999) Striatodoma dorothea (Cheilostomatida: Tessaradomidae), a new genus and species of bryozoan from deep water off California. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington 112(2): 313-318.
· Beaulieu, S.E. and R.J. Baldwin (1998) Temporal variability in currents and the benthic boundary layer at an abyssal station off central California. Deep-Sea Research II 45(4-5): 587-615. PDF
· Beaulieu, S. and K.L. Smith Jr. (1998) Phytodetritus entering the benthic boundary layer and aggregated on the sea floor at an abyssal station in the NE Pacific: macro- and microscopic composition. Deep-Sea Research II 45(4-5): 781-815. PDF
· Smith, K.L. Jr., R.C.
Glatts, R.J. Baldwin, A.H. Uhlman, R.C. Horn, C.E. Reimers, and S.E.
Beaulieu (1997) An autonomous, bottom-transecting vehicle for
making long time-series measurements of sediment community oxygen
consumption to abyssal depths. Limnology and Oceanography
42(7): 1601-1612. PDF
· Ayanoglu, E., M. Rizzolio, S. Beaulieu, J. Roberts, O. Oz, and C. Djerassi (1990) Covalently bound fatty acids in membrane proteins of some sponges. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology 96(B): 597-603.
· Invited participant, NOAA Workshop “Developing a Science Exploration and Research Plan for the Marianas Trench Marine National Monument,” Kona, Hawaii, September 2011.
· "Connectivity at hydrothermal vents: Studying larval dispersal at discrete and ephemeral habitats in the deep sea," presented at the HADEEP Trench Connection Symposium, Tokyo, Japan, November 2010.
· "Hydrothermal vent ecology - Larval supply, colonization, and community development," presented at KOPRI's 16th International Symposium for Polar Sciences, Incheon, Korea, June 2009 and Qingdao Ocean Sciences Summer School, "International Advances in Deep-Sea Geo-Bioscience Research," Qingdao, China, July 2008.
Return to STACE'S HOMEPAGE