Geology & Geophysics
Office Phone: +1 508 289 2862
WHOI Mailing Address:
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
266 Woods Hole Rd.
Woods Hole, MA 02543-1050
- Ph.D. Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine (UCI), Irvine, CA, 2007
- M.S. Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine (UCI), Irvine, CA, 2003
- B.S. Chemistry, Natural Products & Biochemistry, State University of New York, College of Environmental Science & Forestry (SUNY ESF), Syracuse, NY, 1999
- Constraining the biogeochemical cycles of marine dissolved and particulate organic matter (DOM, POM) via spatiotemporal and compositional distributions of radiocarbon.
- Examining the utility of photochemical and thermochemical transformations of natural organic matter as biogeochemical sinks, and as methods for isolating isotopically distinct populations of carbon.
- Improving the resolution of isotopic spectra of complex organic mixtures (e.g., DOM) and the efficiency with which they are obtained, through methodological developments in reaction monitoring and continuous flow accelerator mass spectrometry.