Joint Program Student
Office Phone: +1 508 289 3628
WHOI Mailing Address:
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
266 Woods Hole Rd.
Woods Hole, MA 02543-1050
B.S. Biology with Honors, California Institute of Technology, 2006-2010
mathematical biology, ecology and evolution, matrix population models, harvest, invasive species, two-sex models, sex ratio evolution, adaptive dynamics
Publications and Presentations
- Shyu E, Caswell H. 2014. Calculating second derivatives of population growth rates for ecology and evolution. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. 5: 473-482.
- Shyu E, Caswell H. 2013. An adaptive dynamics approach to sex ratio evolution in demographic two-sex models. 99th Ecological Society of America Annual Meeting. Oral presentation.
- Shyu E, Pardini E, Knight TM, Caswell H. 2013. A seasonal, density-dependent model for the management of an invasive weed. Ecological Applications. 23: 1893-1905.
- Shyu E. 2013. A seasonal, density-dependent model for the management of an invasive weed. Biology Department Seminar, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. Oral presentation.
- Caswell H, Shyu E. 2012. Sensitivity analysis of periodic matrix population models. Theoretical Population Biology. 82: 329-39.
- Shyu E, Pardini E, Knight TM, Caswell H. 2011. A seasonal, density-dependent, stage-structured model for the management of an invasive weed. 96th Ecological Society of America Annual Meeting. Oral presentation.
Evolutionary Demography Society, Ecological Society of America
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow (2012-2015)