WHOI employees are eligible to receive discounted prices not reflected in Fisher's catalog when ordering online through Fisher's web site. This well designed web site can be used to order over 20,000 Fisher-supplied items. The web site has an excellent search engine which, among it's many capabilities, cross-references part numbers from 100's of manufacturers, enabling you to easily locate just about anything needed to keep you lab running smoothly. Item descriptions include detailed specifications and in most cases, pictures of the supply items.
***Note web orders are not reflected in PO Query, but will appear in FSR. Web transactions are automatically billed to and paid for by the project number or cost center you supply for each order (see “Order Processing” below). This automated billing and payment processing system is referred to as an SOS program. The dollar limit per order is $1,000.
Fisher Scientific Representatives:
Mark S. Silva
Internet Technical Support
Reference WHOI Account number for Web Ordering (ONLY): 890500-002
Print and complete Registration Form located to the right.
Fax your completed form to X 2179 Laurie Thompson, Procurement
New users will receive emailed confirmation of registration from Procurement.
Online Ordering Instructions:
The following is a basic description of simple order processing. Other more advanced order processing tools and services available through the Fisher Scientific Website are Rapid Order, Hot List, MSDS Sheets, Order Templates, Power Search, Substructure Search, what’s New, etc.
- Personal Fisher Scientific Home Page: Enter a keyword, Fisher Catalog number, or manufacturer part number in the search box.
- Click on “Go”
- Scroll to desired item
- Enter quantity requested in “Qty” box.
- Select Unit of Measure if selection noted.
- Click on “Add to Shopping Cart”; your item will appear abbreviated in “Shopping Cart” on left of web page.
- To obtain more items, repeat from Step#1.
- When order is complete, click on “Checkout” on “Shopping Cart”
- Shopping Cart Screen: Review order. If you would like to revise, select option under “Options” above “Total”.
- Click on “Checkout”
- Check Out Screen: The information you supplied in your registration form should automatically display, with the following exceptions:
- “Purchase Order” box: Enter project number or cost center you would like to charge this order to. Note: orders cannot be split between 2 or more accounts. A separate order will need to be entered for each account number.
- “Shipping” drop-down menu: Select shipping option. Note: any delivery that is not “regular delivery” or “ship sure today” may include shipment charges.
- Caller ID box: Enter your first initial and first 4 letters of last name.
- Click on “Checkout Review” All selections will be displayed for final review.
- Click on “Send Order”. Your order confirmation information will be displayed.
- Automated response will appear within 2 minutes of order completion.
How to Process Returns:
The end-user must obtain a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number from the Customer Service Representative. This number should be written on all shipping documents. DO NOT WRITE on the cartons. Once the RGA # is obtained, the end-user should enter a WHOI shipping request at: http://www.whoi.edu/services/facilities/internal/ShippingManual.html referencing the RGA number provided. Returns must be made within 60 days of issuance of the Return Goods Authorization number. Return shipments of hazardous materials must be packed, marked, labeled and shipped in accordance with regulations. When item (s) is received at the Fisher Warehouse, the credit will be systematically generated and processed through the SOS program. Credits will appear on the FSR.
Ph: (508) 289-2376