Using the Stockroom
The items inventoried by the Stockroom are small dollar and common supply items stocked primarily to support the needs of all Institution staff and students. The Stockroom, which stocks 6000 items, i.e. nuts and bolts, marine hardware, electronic components, etc., providing the material you want is stocked, will fill your request from the shelves.
How Do I Get Items
- Come to the Stockroom
- Use the Virtual Stockroom
- Fax your order in to Quissett stockroom (508) 289-2109
- Send your order through interoffice mail to MS #59
What You Need to Get Items
A cost center or project number, employee number, and a signature are all necessary when ordering items. This is to comply with Stockroom and Institution standards.
For large amounts of items an advance notice and a list of items may be required.
Tip: If you’re going on a cruise and need office supplies, use WB Mason.
Location & Hours
Locations & Hours
NOTE: The Smith Stockroom is closed effective January 1, 2014.
The Quissett Stockroom is located next to the Carpenter Shop behind GEOSECS building. Hours of operation are:
Monday - Friday 8AM to 4PM (except Tuesdays closing @ 3:15 PM)
Phone: (508) 289-4982
Fax: (508) 289-2109
Credits & Returns
Items that are appropriate for resale may be returned.
Items must be returned within 30 days of purchase.
Upon return of an item, your account will be credited. (Account number and employee number required)
Replacement items will be charged as a new transaction.
Personal items may be returned for credit or cash for 30 days from date of purchase.
Transaction charges are processed at the counter and entered in the Bitech Stockroom/Inventory system.
Actual costs are posted to accounting in real time.
Charges are available for FSR view immediately (when using direct access mode in FSRs).
- Most items are available for personal purchase to WHOI employees.
- Personal purchases pricing includes a 20% mark up.
- Personal checks and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard) are accepted. Note that credit card sales can be made at the Smith stockroom only. Cash is always welcome.
- Gift items (clothing, hats, posters, etc.) are available from the Exhibit Center Gift Shop
- For personal returns see Credits & Returns. If you are exchanging for a new item, it will be conducted as a new transaction.
New items may be initiated by Procurement Ordering trends, or through input
from individuals. Spatial constraints are a concern but we welcome ideas for
useful additions to the inventory for the community.
Please feel free to contact the Stockroom at email@example.com or (508) 289-2282 with suggestions.
Last updated: May 24, 2007