Reimbursable to Grants, Contracts or Overhead
- Baggage handling, generally $1.00 a bag.
- Baggage excess/shipping fees.
- Gas for rental vehicles.
- Gratuities, reasonable NOTE: Meal per diem's include gratuities.
- Laundry/valet, for trips extending more than one week.
- Parking Fees.
- Telephone calls for institution business.
- Toll charges: bridges, tunnels, public roads.
- Visa/Passports fees. (Passport fees charged to overhead)
Non-Reimbursable to Grants, Contracts or Overhead
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Costs incurred for not canceling a prepaid or guaranteed reservation.
- Entertainment costs (i.e. cable television, gym, sauna and mini bar, etc.).
- First class or business class upgrades on airlines. Extra leg room seating non-reimbursable.
- Flight insurance purchased by the traveler. NOTE: Institution carries flight insurance for travelers on authorized Institution business
- Insurance options on rental cars within the 48 contiguous states.
- Lost or stolen tickets, fees, cash, personal property.
- Payment for theft, loss or damage of luggage and other personal items. (If airfare was billed through the Travel Office or charged to your One Corporate Card, these losses are covered by the One Corporate Card.)
- Travel Insurance.
- Traffic fines (moving or parking) incurred when using rental, company, or personal cars on institution business.
- Unauthorized travel.
- Unexplained expenses.
Last updated: January 23, 2017