WHOI Accounts Payable/Travel
The Accounts Payable/Travel office's main responsibility is to ensure WHOI traveler's get all the information they need for traveling and having a good travel experience. In addition the Travel office provides the following services:
- Processing all travel and credit card reimbursements
- Assisting with credit card and travel account reconciliations
- Facilitating and maintaining the Travel/Corpoate Card program
- Helping the Travel Agency understand the WHOI traveler
- Working with the Travel Agency to negotiate and coordinate with travel suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies
More Information About Travel
To help you navigate arranging and completing a successful business trip, Accounts Payable offers these six steps. We hope this will help you in completing your travel.
|1. Create an estimate of your travel
• Remember, this is strictly an estimate and does not need to include actual cost.
• Be sure to include ground transportation cost, hotel cost and per diem cost in your estimate.
• Our recommended travel agency, Carlson Wagonlit Travel can assist you in creating these estimates.
|» Meal Per Diem Rates
» Travel Agency
|2. Contact agent or utilize online booking tool to obtain your travel reservation
Carlson Wagonlit is the recommended agency for booking project related travel. When traveling for WHOI (i.e. charged to a cost center), using Carlson Wagonlit for your travel planning is required. In either case, your travel consultant will ask you to provide the following information at the time of booking:
|» Travel Agency
» Travel Authorization
» Advance Request & Travel Authorization Form
» Travel/Corporate Card
|3. If charge becomes due prior to actual dates of travel
If it is anticipated that a charge will become due prior to actual dates of travel, the traveler should submit an Expense Voucher with receipts for the "pre-paid" items and note in the special handling box that these are "pre-trip" expenses.
|4. During travel, keep an accurate record of your expenses and collect all receipts
Receipts are vital to completing a travel voucher and receiving reimbursement for all expenses.
|5. Upon completion of your travel, process a Travel Voucher.
Making notation of any pre-paid expenses and including original receipts for those items. The greater the time between the end of your travel and the submission of a travel voucher, the greater the chances for an omission of expenses.
We hope that by following these simple steps your travel can be as enjoyable as possible. If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Tuson at email@example.com or (508) 289-3267.
Unanet Expense Tool
UNANET Expense tool is used for all employee reimbursements and WHOI Corporate Visa Credit Card expenses.
Receipts must be scanned for all reimbursements. Original receipts will be kept in the department for 1 year after image to permit periodic validation by auditors.
Unanet Expense Audit –
Once an expense has been created/submitted and approved a spot audit will occur daily with the Accounts Payable Department.
The schedule for expense extraction (payment to employee or corporate visa card) will be done every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m.
Deadline for completed and approved expenses must be in Unanet by Wednesday at 5:00 p.m.
Training documentation can be found under related files.
- If you have not received training on the Unanet Expense Tool, please contact Suzanne Bolton firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Ann White email@example.com
Last updated: February 12, 2016