Reservations and Rates

The Institution will reimburse reasonable and appropriate lodging expenses. Institution travelers should attempt to secure the lowest rate for which they are eligible. Most hotels will extend government rates to Cost Reimbursable Contractors (CRC). Contact your sponsoring agency for appropriate documentation.

Canceled Room Reservations

If it becomes necessary to cancel a room reservation, the traveler is responsible for obtaining a cancellation number from the hotel. This information is necessary when disputing No-Show charges. Costs incurred for not canceling a guaranteed reservation are not reimbursable.

Receipts for Lodging

Original hotel bills are always required as documentation for reimbursement of lodging expenses.

Gifts in Lieu of Lodging

Travelers may be reimbursed for modest gestures of appreciation, not to exceed $25.00 for individuals who gratuitously provide lodging on official travel. A receipt for the purchase should be submitted with the Expense report. These gifts in lieu of lodging must be charged to "Institutional funds" and not as a direct or indirect cost to a federal grant or contract account, because of government regulations. It is the traveler's responsibility to provide the proper account number.

Last updated: May 17, 2016