Facilities Procurement Representative
||Facilities Procurement Representative
Reporting to the Director of Procurement and member of the Procurement Team, is responsible for assisting the Facilities group in developing procurement specifications, selecting appropriate supplier markets, maintaining appropriate business relationships with the institution’s vendor base, and processing procurement documentation including Bids, Purchase Orders and Accounts Payable certificates in compliance with Institution policies and government regulations. As a contributing member of the Procurement team, is committed to the common purpose, performance goals and approach for which team members hold themselves mutually accountable.
- Interacts with members of Facilities group to create an atmosphere of partnership and mutual respect.
- Processes appropriate Procurement documents including Bids, Purchase Orders and Invoices related to the activities of the Facilities Department.
- In conjunction with the Facilities team, coordinates and conducts pre-bid conferences.
- Provides contract management for major Inventory purchasing to include sourcing, developing bid and solicitation documents, analysis of contract offers and negotiation of final contract.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Procurement Manager to create and maintain appropriate procurement systems to better serve the needs of the Facilities staff and the WHOI community.
- Researches market for qualified suppliers and maintains appropriate business relationships with Facilities supplier base.
- Assists in the development and implementation of electronic procurement systems for specific use by Facilities.
- Creates and implements Procurement and Facilities team specific training programs related to procurement in the physical plant operations area.
- Work with other members of the Procurement Team in a collaborative manner.
- Collaborates with the Director of Procurement in creating and refining policies and procedures to his/her specific service base.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
successful candidate should possess a minimum of an Associates Degree
in Business or related field with a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience
in some aspect of facilities management and purchasing. This position
requires a great amount of computer familiarity with such programs
as Word, Excel, World Wide Web and WHOI specific databases. Data
input skills are a must. Strong interpersonal, communication and
organizational skills are essential. Demonstrated initiative and
willingness to learn and share the learnings.
Last updated: June 19, 2013