Compensation and HR Analytics Manager
||Compensation and HR Analytics Manager
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, plans and coordinates compensation activities to ensure compliancewith Institution policy and government regulations. In addition, uses analytical expertise to assist with Institution projects associated with staffing, benefits, and HR informatics.
- Develops, implements, and manages compensation programs and processes to ensure compliance with Institution policy and government regulations
- Maintains and updates salary administration guidelines, policies, salary spreadsheets, graphs, and other compensation tools
- Serves as a resource for day-to-day tactical/operational compensation issues and questions ; advises staff and management on pay decisions, policies, and guidelines
- Reviews all proposed salary actions to ensure conformance with established policies, guidelines and equity
- Compiles annual merit budget recommendation, which includes a report on market trends; facilitates the annual salary review/merit increase activities
- Compiles data used for annual Executive Compensation review
- Participates in market surveys, compiles and analyzes results, and reviews salary structure applications
- Maintains Institution benchmark data and conducts pricing of new jobs
- Conducts prevailing wage determinations as required for certain visa sponsorships
- Collaborates with Employment Services on performance evaluation process
- Reviews and updates existing position descriptions to ensure they are up to date and accurately reflect current job specifications; assists in the development of new position descriptions as needed
- Manages small project/tasks as part of larger initiatives. This work is often complex requiring strong analytical and quantitative method skills (e.g. benchmarking analysis, CDD report evaluations, audits, data interpretations, etc.)
- Oversees the maintenance of records and compilation of statistical reports concerning personnel-related data.
- Ensures data integrity of the HRIS through consistent monitoring, testing and auditing
- Develops HR related metrics and analytics for management reporting and provides support for standard reports on a scheduled and ad-hoc basis
- Recommends and implements enhancements on streamlining and improving Human Resources business processes; works with external IT staff to develop automated tools
- Supervises HR Analyst position
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring:
College degree and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible, related experience in base pay practices and compensation strategy and HR data management. Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills; in-depth familiarity with HR-related regulations. Must be extremely detailed orientated and have strong aptitude in mathematics, statistics, modeling, spreadsheets, graphing, report writing, and navigating relational database.
Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, customer service skills required. Required to possess excellent computer skills. Demonstrated ability to produce and maintain accurate data and records. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks/projects concurrently and to meet deadlines in a timely manner. CCP or PHR credentials preferred.
Last updated: February 25, 2013