Performs rough to finish carpentry. Must have well-rounded skills in all phases of construction.
- Works in all phases of construction and rough carpentry including remodeling of buildings, shingling, making partitions, hanging doors, roofing, construction of stud walls and sheetrock.
- Builds carts, gutters, and decking.
- Demolition of concrete block and wood construction walls.
- Construction and installation of custom shelving and cabinetry.
- Design and construction of custom shipping containers.
- Fabricates and designs office and lab benches and tables.
- Custom woodworking on Institution ships.
- Provides creative solutions in the area of carpentry to various challenges across the Institution with the spirit of facilitating science research and administrative operations.
- Performs other duties as the supervisor may, from time to time, deem necessary.
Including but not limited to:
Table saws, band saws, vertical panel saw, planer, joiner, sander, electric hand tools, carpenter hand tools, metal cutting saws, fork-lift, crane car, personal lift.
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
High school or vocational school with shop courses; 5 years experience in general carpentry practice. Valid driver's license and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) required.
Last updated: June 19, 2013