Reporting to the Assistant Controller, while working independently will apply professional financial concepts and techniques dedicated to developing, implementing, testing and evaluating accounting procedures and policies in the General Accounting Department of the Controller's Office.
- Responsible for the development and review of complex financial and account reporting requirements, including preparation of monthly and annual financial statements. This includes cash flow analysis, fund balance reconciliation, financial statement roll forward and support.
- Provides analyses of financial data needed in fiscal and budgetary planning.
- Responsible for the development, review and accounting reporting of the Institution's Endowment on a monthly basis, schedules include, market value, unit value and income distributions, unrealized gains or losses, income earned, expenses, purchases, sales and holding. Reconcile activity to htat of the custodian. Maintain permanent records for all Endowments.
- Responsible for accounting and maintaining the fixed asset system including additions and disposals; maintaining asset and depreciation reports and reconciliations. Prepare roll forward of plant activity and Capital Analysis comparing budget to spending including all capital encumbrances. Review startup scientist accounts, repairs/maintenance, supplies and equipment for Capital items. Maintain listings of Work in Process to review and authorizations to capitalize.
- Has an integral role in year end audit, including endowment and pension footnote preparation, gift listing, investment confirmation analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures for area of specialty.
- Responsible for design and delivery of various specialized projects.
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
degree in accounting with 3-5 years responsible, professional experience
that can attest to a comprehensive knowledge of broad-based financial
accounting functions. Not-for-profit experience and CPA highly desirable.
A strong knowledge of not-for-profit accounting, including related
financials accounting standards. Demonstrates knowledge/experience
of systems applications relating to financial accounting. Excellent
communications, writing and interpersonal skill required.
Last updated: February 25, 2013