The CPR/First Aid Instructor implements training protocols for CPR and First Aid established by nationally recognized organizations.
- Serves as an Institution CPR Instructor
- Teach courses in a manner that helps participants stay engaged in the learning process.
- Ensure participants’ health and safety during training
- Demonstrate applicable CPR/First Aid skill at an appropriate level of performance
- Maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
- Plan, organize and conduct the CPR/First Aid course in accordance with requirements of the specific program they will be teaching, and evaluate participants.
- Monitor participant’s practice and provides corrective feedback and encouragement consistent with the critical skill performance steps.
- Choose the appropriate course and materials to meet the specific training needs of the participants or groups.
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred. Experience in training, teaching or facilitating. Possess CPR Instructor training from pertinent training organization(s). Advanced First Aid, EMT Basic, Intermediate or Paramedic training preferred.
Physical Aspects of the Job
Must be able to lift, move, and handle materials weighing up to 45 lbs.
Last updated: February 25, 2013