Systems Analyst/Systems Support
||Systems Analyst/Systems Support
Reporting to the
Manager of MIS, understands administrative systems, identifies critical
business issues and assists in the development of practical, workable
solutions (manual or automated) to these problems with the customer as
well as fellow MIS associates.
Analysis of Business Issues and Development of Workable Systemic Solutions:
- Provides automated solutions, such as new configuration within the existing core application.
- Supports and advises on the selection and implementation of vendor software packages.
functional design specifications for WHOI custom programs. These
programs could be reports on an on-line transaction based application.
with customers to gain an understanding of department needs while
keeping the perspective of the Administrative area as a whole.
- Develops workflow and process flow diagrams to help identify improvement opportunities.
Configuration Analysis, Design, Creation and Testing of BiTech Modules:
- Designs the configuration of SunGard/BiTech IFAS modules maintaining existing configuration of modules.
in the coordination of new releases of the BiTEch software to include
analysis of new functionality, set-up, testing and implementation.
- Assists customers in determining the impacts that configuration changes will have on workflow.
Production Systems Support:
- Supports troubleshooting efforts, as appropriate.
changes made to production to promote and support a high-level of clear
and concise information sharing to management.
- Assists in the management and resolution of system deficiencies including recording, reporting and testing.
- Promotes user community involvement in testing patches for system deficiencies.
- Translates functional requirements into a technical design.
- Ensures unit test data is prepared and maintained.
accurate and meaningful detail design documents and ensures their
completeness and accuracy by confirming approach with other MIS Staff
and the customer.
- Defines and ensures design is complete, standards are met, and interfaces are addressed.
- Develops accurate and efficient database reports which meet specifications and standards
integration test plans, conducts integrations and stress testing;
identifies system deficiencies and recommends and/or implements
Desired Education/Experience for Hiring
B.S. in Computer
Science or related technical field. In-depth, hands-on experience with
Windows and Microsoft Office; familiarity with HP-UX preferred.
Experience with relational databases and their concepts; BiTech and CDD
reporting preferred. Must have functional knowledge of administrative
systems. Demonstrated analytical skills, with initiative and strong
facilitation and project management skills. Must have effective oral
communication skills, effective presentation skills, ability to conduct
interviews and apply effective listening skills. Ability to resolve
Last updated: February 25, 2013