Marine Policy Fellowship Program Application
Annual Application Deadline: January 5
Completed applications will be accepted until January 5, 2013 for the 2013-2014 Marine Policy Awards.
We encourage you to contact one or more of of the Marine Policy Center Staff in your area of research prior to submitting an application. This, of course, is not a condition of applying, but it does assist us in the selection for an award. We will make certain that any staff member you mention as a potential sponsor has an opportunity to review your application. Information about the research interests of the Marine Policy Center Staff is available on the Marine Policy Website.
RequirementsIn addition to the formal application form, the following are required:
- A current CV or resume that shows educational background and work experience;
- Transcripts of the applicant's complete undergraduate and graduate records (original or certified copies of transcripts must be sent via postal mail - electronic or non-certified copies will not be considered acceptable);
- a minimum of three non-WHOI recommendation letters (You must ask your reference writers to submit these letters on-line. We do not contact your references to request letters. You should direct your reference writers to the "Reference Letters" link, found to the left on this page);
- A list, on a separate sheet, of graduate-level or advanced level undergraduate courses completed or in progress (for those applicants whose graduate education included formal course work);
- A synopsis of your doctoral dissertation; if applicable (one page abstract); and
- A statement (no longer than three pages double-spaced), which outlines the type of research you propose to undertake and how a fellowship in Marine Policy at WHOI would complement your existing experience and preparation.
Applications can be completed using the online application submission link, in the related links box to the right.
Application StatusOnce you have completed an on-line application you will be prompted to create an account to submit any remaining application materials, or to monitor the status of you application. Please note that you will not be able to edit your application once you have submitted it. You may login to your account using the link to the right.
Further information may also be obtained by writing directly to:The Marine Policy Fellowship Committee
Academic Programs Office, Clark 223, MS #31
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
266 Woods Hole Road
Woods Hole, MA 02543-1541
Phone: (508) 289-2950
Fax: (508) 457-2188
Announcement of awards will be made in March.
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Organization.