2015 Fitness Challenge Program Highlights
04/08- Deadline for TEAM Registration
04/13 - Kick-Off/Motivational Session with Laura Hartung(12:00 - 1:00 pm in Redfield)
04/13 -Waiver form must be submitted
7/14- Awards/Closing Ceremony (11:30 am - 1:00 pm at Smith Conference Room)
To help you stay on target with this year's Challenge, we will continue to keep you updated with reminders of all important events and key dates throughout the 10-week program.
Stay tuned for suprises along the way!
Melissa Patrician will lead Hula Hoop Tuesday at noon on the Redfield lawn in the village. (Melissa has a few extra hula-hoops if needed).
Mary Zawoysky will lead a walk around Ring Road every Friday at 12:15. Meet in front of the Clark building.
Alexandra Lancaster leads Therapeutic Qi Gong every Tuesday throughout the year. It is similar to Tai Chi because the movements are done slowly, quietly and standing up, but it is much easier and less complicated. Qi Gong consists of many exercises, and Therapeutic Qi Gong takes 36 of those and incorporates them into an order that targets the whole body, head to toe. It only takes a half hour, Wear comfortable clothes and flat shoes (or bare feet), and it doesn't make you sweat. The benefits are improved balance (of body, mind and emotion), breathing, mobility (great after sitting at a desk/lab bench all morning), energy and health, and it's a de-stressor. Tuesdays at 12:15 beside the ramp to the side door of Clark when the weather is good, 5th floor when it's not
- Minimum of 4 (out of 5) members must perform at least 2 hours of activity each week to be eligible for weekly TEAM prizes.
- Activity performed for less than the 2-hour requirement should still be reported and will be counted towards cumulative totals
- Reported activities should be performed outside of your normal work schedule (either before or after work, or during lunch breaks)
- Don't feel left out! Activities and healthy behaviors achieved during vacation should absolutely be included.
- Logs MUST be submitted by the following Monday by 5pm (EST) to be eligible for that weekly prize.
- IMPORTANT: Once the log is completed and closed for that week, we cannot go back to adjust it so be sure to double-check you are inputting points for the appropriate week before completing and submitting your activity log each week.
Please view the rest of the HR Wellness website for complete program details.
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or a Benefits representative:
Julie Fawkes (email@example.com)
Patty Mahoney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last updated: May 6, 2015