1. On the bridge of the Louis, 3rd Officer Markie Simon and 1st Officer Cathrerine Lacombe chart the course to our next scientific station. (Rick Krishfield)
2. Helmsman Jean Marc Cormier steers the 120 m long vessel as instructed by the officer in charge. (Rick Krishfield)
3. Repairs to an ISUS nutrient instrument on the CTD are performed by Mike Dempsey. (Rick Krishfield)
4. Jim Dunn, Carlton Rauschenberg, and Peter Peterson prepare to have the atmospheric chemistry O-Buoy brought outside for testing after assembling the device in the warmth of the helicopter hanger. (Rick Krishfield)
5. Water samples for calibration are drawn by Zoe Sandwith from the ship's thermosalinograph (or TSG) which continuously draws in seawater from outside the ship for continuous measurement of the ocean surface properties. (Rick Krishfield)
6. In the forward lounge, Kris Newhall (far right) goes over the procedures that will be followed for the mooring operation with the deck department. (Rick Krishfield)
7. Storekeeper Mike Goodwin keeps track of the tons of provisions and supplies needed to outfit the ship and personnel for the expedition. (Rick Krishfield)
8. In the forward hold, MMPs are prepared for the upcoming BGOS mooring by Rick Krishfield.