REMUS (Remote Environmental Monitoring UnitS) 100 is a compact, light-weight, autonomous underwater vehicle designed for operation in coastal environments up to 100 meters in depth. The REMUS 100 can be configured to include a wide variety of standard and/or customer specified sensors and system options to meet your unique autonomous mission requirements.
» Sample 900 kHz sidescan sonar imagery collected with a REMUS 100 in the Gulf of Mexcio in the fall 2004.
||19 cm (7.5 in)
||37 kg (80 lbs.)
||100 m (328 ft)|
- Hydrographic surveys
- Scientific sampling and mapping
- Very Shallow Water Mine Counter Measures (VSW)
- Pollution Detection and Monitoring
- Pipeline Inspection
- Undersea Search and Survey
- Homeland Security
- BIOMASS Survey
- Fishery Operations
- Water Velocities
- Sound Speed
- Optical Backscatter
- Diver Visibility
- Sidescan Sonar
- Sensor Data is available immediately upon recovery of the vehicle.
- Combining the sensor data with the navigation data provides instant two and three dimensional visualization of the environmental parameters measured by the vehicle.
- Both Search Classify and Map and Reacquire and Identify capabilities
- Adaptive (proactive) path planning –following a plume to its source
- Multiple Vehicle Operations: Up to four vehicles simultaneously in an area
- Long Baseline Transponder Navigation
Used most often for survey work. Needs at least two transponders.
- Ultra-Short Baseline Transponder Navigation
Used for homing, docking, and recovery. Only one transponder is required. Fix is based on range, bearing, and heading.
- Dead Reckoned Navigation
Used to estimate position between acoustic fixes, or when transponders are not available. Based on lateral and axial velocities from ADCP, combined with heading from compass/rate gyro. Inertial navigator extends dead reckoned accuracy to approximately 5 meters per hour of error.
Low Speed Control Hover Capable REMUS 100Hull and Harbor security applications:
- Fast, Detailed Look, in Zero Visibility
- Saves Time/Money
- Locate Suspicious Objects
- Increases Confidence
Key Features of Hover Capable REMUS 100:
- Low drag, allows long transits to target, followed by hover survey or station-keeping.
- Can hold station in a strong current
- Ability to autonomously maneuver at velocities between 0 to 0.5 m/s in and around ships and piers
- Ability to autonomously follow a set of pre-programmed track lines while utilizing an acoustic navigation system at short ranges (10 - 100 m)
- Ability to maintain precise heading when operating near large metallic objects
- Ability to fly at a constant offset below or to the side of a ship’s hull
- Ability to detect, locate and identify objects that are located on complex structures in a highly cluttered environment
- T-16 Inertial Navigation System
- WAAS GPS
- Iridium, WIFI and Acoustic Modems
- Modular Docking endcap with blunt nose
- 1200 kHz RDI ADCP
- Imagenex 837 multibeam profiling sonar
- Delta T Scanning Altimeter
- Forward and Aft Tunnel thrusters