WHOIgrants is a comprehensive Sponsored Research tool developed by WHOI with assistance of the Alexander & Associates of Marstons Mills. It provides an integrated system for:
- Creating proposal budgets including accurate calculation of salary and related costs based on hours of support needed and additional costs associated with being at sea.
- Preparing the internal routing sheet for obtaining institution approval of proposals and Principal Investigators’ required confirmation regarding Conflict of Interest.
- Creating award documents and transferring the proposal budget to the WHOI accounting software (BiTech).
- Maintaining a database of all information about proposals submitted by WHOI and awards received.
- Reporting information to management from the database.
Direct link to the page for uploading proposal application packages for submission directly to Internal Institution Calls as well as to GCS for External Submission.
Link to the Portal for Applications, Reports, Search Tools, and Help - Username and Password are required.
Link to the Search Tool to review AWARDED information from the Database. No Password is needed. Includes the ability to search Titles, Abstracts, and Key Words on awarded projects.
Link to various sites for rates to include in proposal budgets. Copies (paper or electronic) should be kept of all quoted prices that are used in the final submission.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel (formerly Preferred Travel)
Foreign Per Diem Rates
Domestic Per Diem Rates
Link to WHOI Reimbursement and Travel (RTS)
Last updated: January 14, 2014