R/V Atlantis Internet Access at Sea
R/V Atlantis has Internet Access via HiSeasNet and FBB. Internet traffic primarily goes over HSN. Should the HSN antenna become shadowed traffic will automatically go out either of the two FBBs.
- This is a 256kbps link to shore and a 2Mbps link from shore back out to the ship.
- The shore-to-ship link is shared amongst other HiSeasNet equipped UNOLS ships within the area.
- Do not plan to be able to download large files or stream any type of media. We also ask that users turn off any Bittorrent software, and any P2P or cloud software.
- This link can be up to 432kbps
- Plans for video conferencing, data transmission to shore, etc. will require special consideration/arrangements prior to the cruise.