R/V Atlantis Internal Ships Network
The network available to science on board the Atlantis includes:
- Shore internet access via a captive portal
- Wireless and LAN accessibility
- B&W and color printers and color plotters
The science network offers up DHCP, NTP, and access to the ship collected data.
Shipboard email for scientists while at sea is available.
- Email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This email account does have a 10k filter, which is a couple of pages of plain ole text, the filter can be increased.
- Email is exchanged every 10 minutes.
- This is the primary means of on-ship/internal communications between science party members during the cruise.