The 2014 FAMOS School and Worshop #3 will be held at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution October 21-214, 2014. Click here to register.
Click here for: Workshop Logistics Package: Directions, hotels, and meeting locations.
1. There is a workshop registration fee of $25 to cover coffee breaks, reception and local transportation expenses.
2. The workshop format differs from previous AOMIP worshops with more attention to be paid to discusions and group meetings with a reduction of oral presentations, their duration and an increase in the number of posters with at least a 4-hour poster session.
At this time, we solicit your:
1. Presentation titles for oral (15 minutes) and poster presentations.
2. Requests to attend the FAMOS School.
3. Requests for travel support.
Tuesday, October 21: FAMOS School with 5 lectures of 35-40 minutes in length by senior scientists on topics of interest to arctic ice and ocean modeling and oberving communities. See: http://www.whoi.edu/page/live.do?pid=123156 for last year's line-up. Location: Redfield Auditorium, Woods Hole, MA.
Currently, we have 2 confirmed lecturers:
1. Bonnie Light (the role of light in the ice/ocean system, TBD).
2. Paul Wassmann (the future of the arctic marine ecosystem and its modeling, TBD).
3. Patrick Heimbach (an overview of assimilation methods relevant to sea ice - ocean modeling, TBD).
4. Laurie Padman (tides, mixing, TBD).
5. Clara Deser (atmospheric circulation, TBD).
If you are interested in attending, please send an email to Michael Steele (email@example.com) and cc Andrey Proshutinsky (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information: Click here to register.
- Your name,
- position (e.g. student, postdoc, etc.) and advisor if applicable,
- title for talk or poster during the main workshop Wednesday-Friday, or if you are not yet ready to do that, the topic of your research,
- request for full or partial travel support from FAMOS.
Wednesday, October 22: FAMOS worshop day 1: Morning session at Redfield Auditorium followed by poster session and reception at Clark Lab, room 507, located on the Quissett Campus, (http://www.whoi.edu/main/quissett-campus);
Thursday, October 23: FAMOS workshop day 2 at Redfield Auditorium;
Friday, October 24: FAMOS workshop day 3 at Redfield Auditorium.
Major worshop themes for reports, presentations and discussions:
- Arctic observational and modeling initiatives;
- Fate of sea ice in models and observations;
- Atmospheric, sea ice and ocean dynamics;
- Process studies and parameterizations;
- Model validation and calibration;
- Numerical improvements and algorithms;
- Ecosystems, biological issues, and geochemistry.
If you are interested in attending, please send an email to Andrey Proshutinsky (email@example.com) with a cc to Mike Steele (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Annie Doucette (email@example.com) with the following information: Click here to register.
- Your name,
- title and short abstract of your talk or poster during the workshop, or if you are not yet ready to do that, the topic of your research.
Last updated: August 27, 2014