Join the Center for Marine Robotics
Corporate membership of the Center for Marine Robotics (CMR) provides a privileged and sustained access to research and development in marine robotics conducted at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and the Center’s academic partner institutions.
Member benefits include:
- Establish a portfolio of sponsored research projects or define an engineering research program tailored to your company’s needs, with negotiated IP rights.
- Support graduate students or postdoctoral investigators who will participate in your company’s sponsored research projects.
- Place a company researcher in a CMR lab, with the prior approval of the participating CMR principal investigator.
- Participate on a committee that selects and reviews the progress of innovative research projects proposed by CMR investigators and funded through a CMR members’ pool of funds.
- Receive research progress reports and pre-prints.
- Attend robotics seminars, courses and in-water demonstration of CMR technologies, and an annual research conference on the future of marine robotics.
- Participate in an industry advisory committee meeting to provide recommendations on overall CMR direction and strategy.
- Recruit robotic engineers and ocean scientists from the WHOI-MIT Joint Program.
Private philanthropy is playing a large role in the creation of the Center for Marine Robotics, providing support for planning, hiring a director, defining the Center’s scope, and identifying priorities for the future. Further investment promises to speed the pace of innovation and enhance WHOI’s margin of excellence.
Several funding opportunities are available:
» Center for Marine Robotics general support
» CMR Fellowship support
» Gifts to an accelerator fund to seed new projects
» Funding of specific flagship projects
Each of these donor opportunities fund projects with promising scientific, education, industrial and military applications. Support the center today »
Information about corporate membership
James Bellingham Ph.D.
508 289-3415 | email@example.com
Last updated: April 25, 2016